Friday, September 19th, 2014
It is important to remember that there is no single determining factor in whether an applicant is accepted or not. Factors that are considered by the Admissions Office when reviewing an application are:
- Potential for success at Trinity as demonstrated by the applicant’s high school record.
- Rank in class or grade point average (when available). The competitiveness of the high school and the level of course work (Honors, Advanced Placement or IB courses) are also considered.
- Three evaluations, two from academic teachers and one from the college counselor
- Standardized test scores- two SAT II’s or the SAT I or the ACT
- Extracurricular activities and community involvement and/or employment. The quality of involvement is important, not the quantity!
- Personal interview (not required, but strongly recommended)
- Personal essay
- Other special interests, talents, (athletic, artistic, musical) or connections to the College