Everyone knows that being a college student is hard…especially when money is tight. Every time I make my way to the checkout counter at any store, my first question is, “Do you have a student discount?” Luckily, the Student ID we’re issued at the beginning of freshman year is worth more than just an entrance into Mather!
Here are just a few suggestions of places you can use your Student ID to save a little bit of cash:
- Next time you’re craving Chipotle, show your Student ID for a free soft drink too!
- If you’re the type of person who likes to keep up with current events, the New York Times offers 50% off the regular rate for students.
- Keep up with the latest singles by downloading Spotify Premium for students! The 10% discount brings the total down to $4.99 a month.
- Topshop offers 10% off purchases online and in-store for students with a valid ID as well!
- If you’re someone who’s really into the latest trends and fashions, H&M, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, and Madewell all offer a 15% discount for students when they make purchases in-store!
Finally, here is one more suggestion for those who have access to a kitchen or prefer to get their own food in place of the on-campus options.
- Stop&Shop offers a discount card that provides amazing deals every single week. You don’t necessarily need to have a Student ID to benefit from this promotion, but rather just prove that you’re residing in Hartford for an extended period of time. There are many Stop&Shop’s located close to Trinity’s campus, and your discount card can save you hundreds on food and other daily necessities throughout the year!
Obviously these are only a handful of the benefits you can get with that handy Student ID, but I suggest you use them next time you have the itch to go shopping! With Trinity located only 10 minutes away from many of these stores, using the student discounts will make your weekend shopping endeavors that much more enjoyable!