My Portfolio
Benefits of lifting go beyond the gym

Benefits of lifting go beyond the gym

I began my affair with the gym 8 months ago. I was built tall and thin, I might have weighed 160lbs soaking wet. It was the spring of my senior year in high school when I decided to recreate my anatomy.

I began to lift with friends after school. It progressed into a ritual. My friends were dedicated and motivated and I feed off that. I would observe my friends challenging themselves each week and it influenced me to work harder. It evolved to the point were I wouldn’t have to tell myself to do something, I would just do it. My body was addicted to physical exercise.

Since being at college I have continued the process of improving and adding to my physique.

The gym provides an environment where individuals can work on the tangibles and intangibles. The gym was a platform for me to work on motivation, commitment, determination, and desire. Prior to getting involved with working out I lacked self control and commitment. These last 8 months, most of which I spent sweating on dirty gym equipment, have taught me a lot about myself and what I am capable of.