2017 CHAS Faculty Grant RFP as part of our mission for Promoting Student Achievement and Success
We provide grants for faculty to develop and design initiatives that meet those institutional needs. Faculty are invited to compete for funds that will allow them to undertake a project which promotes high academic achievement among all students with a focus on promoting success and satisfaction among students of color. Faculty members, teaching in all disciplines, may submit proposals that focus on pedagogy and enhancing the faculty’s role in promoting student success and engagement. Both individuals and groups may submit. Projects should be directed at how we teach, or how we engage our colleagues in thinking about how we teach, rather than what we teach. They may involve pedagogical improvements to courses, creating workshops for faculty on mentoring, or other efforts to enhance the faculty’s role in promoting student success and high achievement. Proposals addressing campus life are not appropriate for this grant. Up to five grants will be awarded.
Eligibility: All faculty members at CHAS member institutions are eligible.
Deadline: The deadline for submissions is June 2, 2017.
Award: A maximum award of $6,500 will be provided, of which up to $3,000 may be taken as stipend based on the budget submitted with the proposal.
Instructions: Each submission, which should be no more than 3-4 pages, should include the following information:
- A brief description of your project and its potential to effect institutional change and promote student engagement and achievement.
- A budget, budget justification, and timeline for completion of the project.
- A brief summary of your background in promoting student success and engagement in the classroom, and how this project relates to other efforts to promote high achievement among all students on your campus, with special emphasis on students of color.
- Your commitment to share the project and outcomes with the larger CHAS community, including a mandatory presentation at a meeting to be scheduled by CHAS upon completion of your project.
- Append an endorsement letter from the Chief Academic Officer.
All Materials should be submitted by email to CHAS Program Director, Karen Taylor, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Trinity College P.O. Box 702572
Hartford, CT 06106-3100
Fax: (860) 297-5261