Download and unzip the appropriate file to use during the workshops. To download the file, right-click the file name and then select “Save Link As …” to save to the desktop or downloads folder. To unzip the file, right-click the file name (after it has been downloaded to your computer), and then select “Extract All.”
Double-click to open the file in Excel. It will likely open in Protected View, so click on ‘Enable Editing’ to edit the workbook.
Introduction to Excel: IntroExcelApril26SampleWorkbook
Excel Essentials: ExcelEssentialsSamples_Nov16
Excel Data Visualization and Pivot Tables (two workbooks): Excel_Samples_Nov_30_2017
- This one-page guide is useful to remember commands and shortcuts. This company also provides guides for other Microsoft Office products.Excel-2016-quick-reference-sheet
Lynda.com provides short training videos on an astonishing number of software and productivity tools. We have a campus agreement with Lynda.com, so after clicking on the link, sign in with your trincoll.edu username and password.
Introduction to Excel: This course introduces Excel, but also shows how to use Vlookup and Solver. Pick and choose the videos that will help you with your project.
Advanced use of Excel 2016: These courses expand upon the introductory course, and present more advanced functions and features.
Excel Essentials: November 16, 2017 at 2 pm, classroom B02, Raether Library
- Tables vs Ranges
- Text functions
- Advanced functions (IF, VLOOKUP, COUNTIF, Goal Seek, Solver)
- Date conversions
Data Visualization in Excel: November 30, 2017 at 2 pm, classroom B02, Raether
- How to work with multiple worksheets
- How to build graphs and traditional charts
- Line-bar combination charts and interactive charts
- Pivot tables to create summaries
- Integrating multiple data sources in a dashboard
- Creating basic infographics
- (Prerequisite: Proficiency manipulating data in Excel or the Excel Essentials workshop)
Introduction to Excel: no workshops Fall 2017
- Workbook vs. worksheet
- File management
- Navigation and toolbars
- Cells – references and formatting
- Simple formulas and autofill
- Sorting (and tables)
- Find and replace
- Conditional formatting
- Data validation