JumpStart 2023 will be held on Wednesday, August 30, 1-4pm on Level 1 of the Raether Library in the Center for Digital Learning (formerly the Center for Educational Technology). This event is designed to help you — and your syllabus — get ready for the fall semester! Join drop-in sessions with librarians, instructional designers and other staff members on FAQs about using Moodle, building research assignments, teaching with primary sources, and designing digital projects. We will also be offering tours of the library including The Watkinson Library (Trinity’s Special Collections and Archives). Besides all of the fabulous things you will learn and discover, this is also a great opportunity to reconnect or get acquainted with librarians, instructional designers and other academic support staff.
Drop in to ask questions in the following areas between 1:00 – 4:00. You can also meet with a librarian and/or instructional technologist in one-on-one appointments.
Library Tours will be available throughout the afternoon on the 1/2 hour: 1:30, 2:30 and 3:30.
- Get up and running with Moodle — Blume lab room 119
- 1pm Moodle Basics and overview of changes
- 2pm Moodle Advanced: Gradebook, Marking Workflow, Restrict Access etc
- 3pm Moodle Basics and overview of changes
- Walk in Moodle assistance – for specific questions
- Digital Scholarship: Inspiration and techniques FAQ page — Digital scholarship studio, room 182
- Primary sources and class visits to Watkinson — Seminar room 103
- Collections, Research, and Instruction Librarians Collections FAQ — Study room 113
- Web archiving, digitizing — Study room 116
- Classroom technology help and demos
Feel free to join us whenever your schedule allows. We will have refreshments throughout the afternoon.
Can’t make JumpStart? Make an appointment with one of us.