Students registered in a course are automatically added by Moodle, but teaching assistants and mentors need to be added manually to the course.
To add a TA or auditor to a course:
- Click the “Enrolled Users” link under the course name in the Administration box (see picture 1).
- On the next participants screen, Click the “Enrol users” button
- Set the role you want the student to have in the drop-down list next to “Assign roles” (see picture 2): TAs who can upload content, but cannot grade, should be given the “Non-grading TA” role; TAs who can upload content and can grade assignments, should be given the “Teacher” role
- Enter a student’s name in the search field (see picture 2) and click “Search.”
- Click Enrol next to the names of students who need access to your course.
- When done, click Finish enrolling users
- The students you just added should now appear in the participant list
See this animation for a more detailed view of the process: