My Portfolio

Unconventional Semester

I have had a bit of an unconventional semester and therefore don’t have a lot of outside of the classroom activities. After getting my concussion and missing a lot of classes I was forced to kick my own butt and go into hyperdrive to get my work done and finish my classes. Needless to say this was a huge challenge that I am still continuing to try and overcome. I learned that as long as I put myself 100% into a cause I am able to accomplish most of what I am trying to complete. I also realized that without many of these hardships, I wouldn’t know what I wanted to do with my life and what was truly important to me. When you’re given a choice to make and you have no say in the matter, you’re forced to choose the things that truly matter to you and then learn a lot about yourself in that same process. I must admit I surprised myself a lot but at the same time I disappointed myself. It has been a very bitter-sweet experience.

These experiences have further interested me in the field of therapy and psychiatry, especially with children and adults who have faced many troubles throughout their lives. I have been looking for organizations to help children who have experienced mental or physical disabilities. I had to learn how to best manage my time with the amount of work I had yet to finish. This experience, although painful, allowed me to think more about what I wanted to do as opposed to what I was required to do to complete a certain requirement or meet a certain quota.