Lacrosse

Lacrosse

An activity that I have taken part in the past two years is lacrosse. Lacrosse has taught me many lessons. I have learned the value of hard work as well as the importance of teamwork. When I was a senior in high school and it was time to make my college decision, I knew that lacrosse was something I was potentially going to want to pursue.

At the time, the opportunity to go to Trinity arose and my  decision was made based on three reasons: Trinity was a nice distance from home, had great academics, and I had the opportunity to play lacrosse. I did not realize at the time, however, just how happy I would be with my decision to continue playing lacrosse.Lacrosse has taught me more than I could have ever imagined. It has taught me the value of teamwork, hard work, and valuable lessons about managing time.

Although I am still working on my game and hope to play in more games in the future, I have learned that no matter what role you play, as any team member you play an integral part. Even if I do not start in games, I will challenge my teammates in practice in hopes of making both them and myself better. Lacrosse has helped me to value hard work. Unless you work hard at every practice, you will not improve as a player.