Project Long Talk

I had a fun reunion with my pre-school teacher Mimi Lawson-Johnston Howe ’89 in Princeton. She helped me learn to read and write and now we share our Trinity ties.

Howe loved her time on campus, majoring in Art History and minoring in Education. She spent her free time at the campus day care center and enjoyed her sorority, Tri Delta.

She went to Florence the spring of her junior year and and then interned at the Peggy Guggenheim Collection in Venice which combined her love for art history and the Italian language, travel, and education. It also cemented a life-long relationship with the museum.

As the great granddaughter of the late Solomon Guggenheim who established the Guggenheim Museum in New York it is only natural that she continues a long family tradition as vice president of the board of the Peggy Guggenheim Collection.

After graduation, she spent a year traveling the world and then settled in New York City. Her first job was at Go America Tours in the traveling industry where she helped European travelers come to the States for vacation before search engines like Google maps, and connective tools like Facebook.

A few years later, Howe decided to teach early education at the Princeton Junior School where we first met. She and her husband have three children, and she is now a Destination Services Consultant. Howe helps international business executives relocate to thePrinceton area.

Name (required)

Email (required)

Website

Speak your mind