One of the first things Blackboard users need to familiarize themselves with when using Moodle is the File management system. Users will find that they need to spend considerable time organizing, uploading and updating files into special folders or directories. When you add a directory as a resource you can easily select the particular directory (or folder) that contains all files related to that topic. Although File management might seem cumbersome at first, once the user is familiar with the system it will prove very helpful and intuitive.
- Go to your course home page, and then click on File under the Administration box.
- Next, click on upload a file and add the required files. You then have the option of creating new folders or ‘directories.’ Create separate folders for different topics like Assignments, Readings and Course Information to name just a few.
- Click on the checkbox next to the files you wish to move to a particular folder.
- Then go to the dropdown menu (‘with chosen files’) and select ‘move to another folder.’
- Now, you will see a description above the menu that says ‘x files selected for moving. Now go into the destination folder and press ‘Move Files to Here’ ‘
- Click into the folder you wish to move the selected files to.
- Then click on ‘Move files to here.’