What is Lynda.com?
How do I log in?
Every member of the Trinity community has access to Lynda.com, on campus or away!
- Click this link to go to lynda.com
- Log in with your Trinity College username and password.
- The first time you do this, you’ll need to verify that the information we’re using to authenticate is correct.
- Go to lynda.com
- Select “Log in” on the upper-right part of the screen
- In the dialog box that pops up, click on “organization login” then scroll down to “enter your organization’s URL.” This is trincoll.edu
- Log in with your credentials. Again, the first time you do this, you’ll need to verify your authentication information.
How do I find what I need?
There are a lot of videos on Lynda.com, and it can be hard to know what one you need. Fortunately, there are a few ways to find the content that will fit your needs.
- Use Lynda’s search feature. Start by entering the specific name of the software you’re looking for (like Microsoft Office 2016 – it’s important to include the version) and the phrase “essential training.” This will return a list of videos and courses that the Lynda.com editors have flagged as, well, “essential” for the software you are learning.
- Browse Lynda’s library. If you know the general discipline of the skill you’d like to learn, Lynda’s library has a nice interface for browsing their content. Clicking the “library” link next to the search bar will open a tray of all the disciplines Lynda covers. So if you want to learn about typography, you can probably find a lot of great tutorials in the Design category. Here’s what the library browse tray looks like:
- Take a look at one of Trinity’s curated playlists. Our curated playlists are works in progress, and we’re adding more all the time. Below are the ones we have put together so far, but if you’re looking for something different, make an appointment with the STA office, and they can help you find what you are looking for.