Trinity return-to-learn post-concussion protocol assessment

Anna Hackett ’20 and Prof. Raskin

2 thoughts on “Trinity return-to-learn post-concussion protocol assessment

1. I enjoyed reading and learning about the Trinity return-to-learn post- concussion protocol assessment at Trinity. I have noticed that concussions have been increasingly common in many sports. I think concussions are very interesting because there is such a large range of symptoms. A student could miss an entire season and be out of school for a couple months or simply a few days. I was surprised to learn that there is no established return-to-learn protocols in place for college students. I noticed that 15/36 students experienced pressure from the faculty to complete work which I think is a problem and the faculty should be more understanding. I agree that there is a need for further research on this topic.

2. Thank you for your comment! I agree it is interesting how differently a concussion can look and for that reason specific care needs to be given to each student. I believe faculty are unknowingly adding pressure to students and would be more than happy to help aid in their return were they better informed on how to do so. Hopefully with time there will be a much more established protocol being carried out to help concussed students.