CHAS will lead higher education toward inclusive excellence through institutional transformation in promoting the high achievement and success of students of color.
CHAS serves as a resource in higher education by supporting our member institutions’ collective efforts to lead our campuses, and others in higher education, toward the realization of the following goals.
- Promoting the high educational and personal achievement of students of color as a primary goal.
- Transforming our select campuses by eliminating institutional barriers into gateways for achievement and success.
- Examining the academic, social-cultural, financial and other support systems for promoting high engagement, achievement and leadership in all of our students.
- Producing and disseminating empirical evidence and research to inform diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives to benefit all students.
- Providing opportunities for assessing and addressing campus climate issues.
- Identifying and circulating exemplary practices with particular attention to integrative educational practices, and deep collaborations between faculty and staff.
- Offering high-quality professional development opportunities for faculty and staff who support students.
- Informing and influencing national (and campus) policies and practices.
- Creating and fostering networking opportunities for students, faculty and staff.