email: chas [AT] trincoll.edu
Consortium on High Achievement and Success
hosted by Trinity College
PO Box 702572
Hartford CT 06106-3100
Dr. John F. McKnight, Jr.
Steering Board Chair
email: jmcknight [AT] conncoll.edu
Dean of Institutional Equity and Inclusion
Fanning Hall 110
New London CT 06320-4196
CHAS Steering Board Members
- Eric Estes, Brown University (2016-19)
- Gretchel Hathaway, Union College (2016–19)
- Norm Jones, Amherst College (2017–20)
- Susan Layden, Claremont McKenna College (2016–19)
- John McKnight, Connecticut College (Chair, 2019-22)
- Edward Pittman, Vassar College (2016–19)
- Meredith Raimondo, Oberlin College (2017–20)
- Fatima Rodriguez Johnson, SUNY Geneseo (2017–20)
- Reginald Sanders, Kenyon College (2017–20)
- Rafael Zapata, Fordham University (2017–20)
Ex-Officio Board Members
- Mable L. Millner (Past Chair), College of the Holy Cross (2016 – 2019)
- Karla Spurlock-Evans (Past Director), Trinity College [retired]
The Consortium operates in a way that builds on our commonalities as liberal arts colleges and universities. We believe in the collective study of our challenges as highly selective institutions and the development of solutions that are transferable among our members. We are engaged in a dialogue among peers as we work to transform our institutions into inclusive learning environments.
Presidents should be willing to commit to CHAS membership for three years in order to ensure that there is sufficient time to become an engaged participant in our collaborative work and to gain benefits from active participation. The president will select institutional representatives who report directly to them, and/or who are able to engage the entire campus community in relevant CHAS opportunities.
Please contact us to learn more about joining CHAS.