Student of Color Conference Workshop Proposal
“Reclaiming Our Time: From the Margin to the Center”
hosted by Trinity College
February 23 – 25, 2018
The Consortium on High Achievement and Success (CHAS) invites proposals for concurrent workshops to be presented at the 2018 Student of Color Conference hosted by Trinity College. Sessions will be approximately 90 minutes in length. You will likely have 15 – 25 student participants in your sessions.
Some workshop ideas to support the conference theme include:
- Tensions between identity groups
- LGBTQ+ identities and intersectionality
- DACA resources
- Increasing diversity of students of color on our campuses
- Global struggle / international students of color
- Experiences of indigenous people
- Freedom of speech, students rights, and civic engagement
- Creating community and networks of support
Workshop proposals will be accepted until Monday, January 29, 2018.