A PhD position is available beginning in Fall, 2020 in the newly established Behavioral Dynamics in Sport Laboratory (https://bit.ly/2ASlQhV), under the direction of Dr. Adam W. Kiefer, in the Department of Exercise and Sport Science at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
The Behavioral Dynamics in Sport Laboratory is a member of the new MOTION Science Institute (https://exss.unc.edu/sports-medicine-research-laboratory/) and the Matthew Gfeller Sport-Related Traumatic Brain Injury Research Center (http://tbicenter.unc.edu/index.html) at UNCChapel Hill. Our specific research program takes a complex systems approach to performance enhancement and injury prevention in sport, with a focus on athletic resiliency. This unique perspective facilitates the innovative modeling and analysis of athlete performance across a variety of sport contexts. Ultimately, we strive to conduct research that will improve the performance training and health outcomes of all athletes.
• An interdisciplinary program of study in Human Movement Science
see (https://exss.unc.edu/phd-in-human-movement-science/program-description/ )
• Outstanding multidisciplinary research and training opportunities with access to state-of-the-art facilities
• Research exposure to partner labs, including innovative applications of artificial intelligence methods
• Experience with portable technologies such as mixed reality, eye tracking and markerless motion capture systems
• Training opportunities in Unity 3D for the development of sport simulation environments
• Opportunities for collaboration with industry and professional sports partners
• A master’s degree in a related field is preferred, but qualified candidates with a bachelors degree will be considered for admission (e.g., exercise science, experimental psychology, biomedical engineering, computer science, athletic training, physical therapy)
• For more complete information and to officially apply, please visit:
( https://exss.unc.edu/phd-in-human-movement-science/admissions-information/ )
Please contact email@example.com with questions or to discuss your interest in the position.