1.  
    1. I used WorldCat to find primary sources on this subject. I went into advanced search and entered “brainwash” into the keyword box, filled in the year range from 1950 to 1979, and specified the return to be just books. Trinity College has one book on the subject, The gravediggers, by Phyllis Schlafly. There were 3 pages of results form WorldCat compared to the ten pages that came from the Google results. In the advanced search for both databases, there are options to change the time frame that is searchable.
    2. I used WorldCat again because it provided sound sources the first time. I also used Google Scholar to find peer reviewed articles online that had to do with technology and cognition. In Google, I did an advanced search for technology + cognition, so that the terms had to both appear in the article, but not in an exact phrase, which yielded a fair amount of articles. For WorldCat I did an advanced search for articles with the keywords technology and cognition. Both data bases had fine results, but Google definitely yielded more relevant results than WorldCat.
    3. Erin should use Sociological Abstracts to find more articles on income inequality and race in America. Google can help offer suggestions of relevant terms to search to get additional information. The sources should all be reputable if you checked off the box that specified the return of peer-reviewed articles only. The terms I searched in Google were: race, “income inequality”, United States. The same thing was searched for in Sociological Abstracts to get similar results to the Google search.