Homework Feb. 12

1. For this assignment, I would suggest the readers guide because it has many books to search online. As for the book that could be found in the library, I would suggest Thought Reform and the psychology of thought totalism: a study of brainwashing in China. To find this book, I used the key word brainwashing and then limited my search to books from 1950-1979. In my search I also pressed the search button that limits the search to just books. When it comes to using EBSCO or google, I would still recommend google because google was much easier to navigate in my mind and the advanced search was easier to understand.
  2. Worldcat was the database that I would suggest. However, I would probably still use google news for this search. The topics I searched were technology, and cognition then I narrowed the search to the post 2000 years because technology difference before and after 2000 seemed to drastic. I wanted to get a better understanding of the subject from a more recent article that would better express the importance that technology plays in our life now. I tried to keep my search to the more well known newspapers and magazines like the new york times.
  3. For Erins search, I would suggest that she uses the Sociological Abstracts database as well as google. Google scholar is, in my experience, the best way to find scholarly sources and usually you can find a study that has graphs and tables in google scholar. The American Economic review would be a publication that I would suggest, and I know that it is reputable because it is the second ranked journal on google scholar. My search would start with the keyword income inequality, and race. Lastly, I would most likely try to find some journals that have information on what the wage gap was in the 1950-60’s, 1990’s, 2000’s, and 2010’s just to see if there has been any change in views on the racial wage gap.