Thursday, February 22, 2018

Monthly Archives: February 2017

Men’s Squash Wins 16th National Title

Men’s Squash Wins 16th National Title

CAM CHOTTINER ’20 STAFF WRITER While many students were enjoying a short break for Trinity Days, Men’s Squash was busy winning a national championship. The top seeded Bantams went into Harvard looking for the program’s 16th CSA National Title. In the quarterfinals, Trinity dominated the University of Pennsylvania by a score of 8-1. The top… Continue Reading

Men’s Ice Hockey Sweeps Critical NESCAC Series

NATE CHOUKAS ’18 SPORTS EDITOR Men’s Hockey hosted Tufts on Saturday afternoon in the NESCAC Quarterfinals, defeating the Jumbos by a score of 4-1. Trinity fired on all cylinders, making a competent Tufts team look inferior throughout the contest. The Bantams drew first blood just two minutes into the game, when Barclay Gammill ’20 redirected… Continue Reading

Men’s Basketball Loses in Semifinals to Middlebury

ALEX DAHLEM ’20 STAFF WRITER  The Trinity College Men’s basketball team dropped a NESCAC semifinal contest on Saturday to the Middlebury Panthers, but not before capturing an electrifying win against cross-state rival Wesleyan in the quarterfinals on Feb. 18. Both games saw a lot of fight from the Bantams, however the Panthers were just too… Continue Reading

Women’s Ice Hockey Knocked Off By Amherst

CHRIS KOHLER ’18 CONTRIBUTING WRITER The Trinity Women’s Hockey team ended their regular last week as Bowdoin made their way to the Koeppel Center for a two-game series on Friday, February 17th. The Bantams finished the regular season strong with a win on senior day and a tie against the Bears to finish 9-12-3 overall… Continue Reading

First Years Students Gathered for Peruvian Cuisine

HAMNA TARIQ ’20 STAFF WRITER When I first came to Trinity, I remember craving anything but Mather food. Luckily my Nest’s Trinisition Fellow, Chanel Erasmus, often ordered fried rice with chicken and vegetables so we didn’t have to survive on Mather food. This dish reminded me of my home in Pakistan because of its colorful… Continue Reading

Trinity Students Attend ConnPirg Leadership Conference

MATTHEW BOYLE ’19 CONTRIBUTING WRITER Over the Trinity Days weekend, there was a regional retreat for PIRG chapters at Blue Hills Reservation in Milton, MA. Ethan Yang ‘20 and I went as representatives of Trinity’s ConnPIRG chapter. The retreat was attended by about 60 students from 10 different schools in Connecticut and Massachusetts. ConnPIRG is… Continue Reading

Sarah Duffy ’18 on Studying Abroad in Ireland

SARAH DUFFY ’18 CONTRIBUTING WRITER I was lucky enough to have spent my fall semester drinking Guinness, dancing to folk music, and enjoying the craic* with some amazing lads and lassies in Galway, Ireland. I can wholeheartedly say that I left a piece of myself behind in that amazing little city. Galway was truly a… Continue Reading