A few changes in my schedule

Posted on

DSC_0447 copy

In September, I’ll start working on a Ph.D. degree in education leadership and policy at UCONN. My advisor will be Preston Green, III, who studies educational equity, K-12 school choice, privatization, and school finance, some of the areas that I’ve written about too.

So I will be at Trinity College part-time and focusing on fewer projects. You can still find me here at The Cities, Suburbs, and School Project and at Urban Ed @ Trinity.

You can learn more here about the Dean’s scholarship that I received at UCONN. In total, there will be five Dean’s Doctoral Scholars. (See their names below.)

Screen Shot 2016-06-17 at 10.40.29 AM

I’m all the way up!

Published by

Robert Cotto Jr.

Robert Cotto, Jr. is a Lecturer in the Educational Studies department. Before his work at Trinity, he was a Senior Policy Fellow in K-12 Education for CT Voices for Children where he published reports on Connecticut’s testing system, public school choice, and K-12 education data and policy. He taught for seven years as a social studies teacher at the Metropolitan Learning Center for Global and International Studies (MLC), an interdistrict magnet school intended to provide a high-quality education and promote racial, ethnic, and economic integration. Born and raised in Connecticut, Mr. Cotto was the first in his family to go to college and he earned his B.A. degree in sociology at Dartmouth College, his Ed.M. at Harvard University Graduate School of Education, and an M.A. in American Studies at Trinity College. He is currently completing his Ph.D. in education policy at the University of Connecticut Neag School of Education. Robert lives with his wife and son in the Forster Heights area of the Southwest neighborhood in Hartford. Views expressed in this blog are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Trinity College.

One thought on “A few changes in my schedule”

1. Dear Robert, glad to hear about you future plans. Knowledge is power, and a person seeking more of it lives stronger and longer. I look forward to hearing about you journey. I also know we may see you less, but you’ll be pulling twice the load. So happy to hear Trinity Dean’s Scholarship is there for you.
    May you find no closed doors, and may the angels watch over you,
    Sincerely,
    Jesse The Walking Man Turner
    #EquityNow16