Sep 27 2012
Founded in 2000, the Consortium on High Achievement and Success (CHAS) is composed of 26 selective liberal arts colleges and small universities dedicated to promoting high achievement, leadership and personal satisfaction of students on member campuses, with a focus on promoting success among students of color. CHAS develops programs to engage the whole student academically, socially and culturally. CHAS is supported by its members and is hosted by Trinity College in Hartford, Connecticut.
BIANNUAL CONSORTIUM REPRESENTATIVES SUMMER MEETING
Cultural Centers, Identity, and Liberal Arts Education
JUNE 20-21, 2013
LAFAYETTE COLLEGE, Easton, PA
For transportation to Lafayette College, please click here.
Thursday Dinner, Friday Meeting
For the Tentative Meeting Schedule, please click here.
Keynote Speaker: Lori Patton Davis, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Higher Education and Student Affairs, Indiana University, and editor of Campus Culture Centers in Higher Education: Perspectives on Identity, Theory, and Practice (Stylus Publishing, 2010). Keynote Address: ”Identity, Intersectionality and (Ir)relevance: Mapping the Future for Cultural Centers at Liberal Arts Colleges.”
“Cultural Center Networking Lunch: Metaphors, Margins, and Culture Creators,” facilitated by Jan Arminio, Ph.D., Director, Higher Education Program, George Mason University, and editor Why Aren’t We There Yet?: Taking Personal Responsibility for Creating an Inclusive Campus.
Hotel Options (two choices):
The Lafayette Inn, 525 W. Monroe Street, Easton, PA 18042. Phone: 800-509-6990 or 610-253-4500. Rates (plus tax): Traditional $119, Deluxe $139, Suite $179. (two blocks from campus)
Holiday Inn Express & Suites, 90 Kunkle Drive, Easton, PA 18045. Phone: 610-923-9495. Rates (plus tax): Standard: $89, Standard Suite $99, Jacuzzi Suite $109. (4 miles from campus)
Both lodging choices include breakfast and will honor rates for an extended stay Wednesday and/or Friday. To book reservations, please call these hotels directly and mention CHAS when booking; with Holiday Inn Express can also mention group code SHA. Please note that these rates will be released May 20, 2013 and are based on availability, so book today.
Update: As of 5/20/13, the Lafayette Inn has no more vacancy. The Holiday Inn Express has extended the group rates until May 28, 2013 @ midnight.
To register for the Reps. Meeting, please email CHAS Director: Joshua C. Woodfork, Ph.D. Email: email@example.com
Please complete the CHAS Member Institutions Cultural Centers Survey. It is short and found here:
- Biannual Consortium Representatives 2013 Winter Meeting, DARTMOUTH COLLEGE, Hanover, NH at The Hanover Inn, January 18, 2013, For more information…
- 2012 Black & Latino Males Conference: “Man Up!?”: Redefining Manhood in a Time of Challenge and Change, TRINITY COLLEGE, Hartford, CT, October 26-28, 2012, For more information…
- Conference on Recruitment & Retention of Faculty and Staff of Color: “Building an Academic Community That is Prepared to Deliver Inclusive Excellence,” SKIDMORE COLLEGE, Saratoga Springs, NY, September 20-21, 2012, For more information…
- Biannual Consortium Representatives 2012 Summer Meeting: “Ethnic and Racial Demographics across Regional and National Levels” & Pre-Major Advising and Mentoring Programs for Students of Color POMONA COLLEGE, Pomona, CA June 14-15, 2012, For more information…
- Biannual Consortium Representatives 2012 Winter Meeting & Campus Safety Conference, HAVERFORD COLLEGE, Haverford, PA, January 19-20, 2012, For more information…
- 2011 Black and Latino Male Student Conference: “Standing Strong: Reconnecting, Recreating, and Reclaiming,” College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, MA, November 19-21, 2011, For more information…
- Biannual Consortium Representatives 2011 Summer Meeting & Fostering Civic, Intercultural, and Ethical Learning: An Integrated Approach OBERLIN COLLEGE, Oberlin, OH June 17-18, 2011, For more information…
- Science and Math Faculty Forum, SMITH COLLEGE, Northampton, MA, June 3, 2011, For more information...