FIRST YEAR SEMINAR OBJECTIVES
- Cultivate intellectual curiosity.
- Introduce academic habits of mind.
- Encourage critical reading and analysis.
- Use writing as a mode of learning.
- Develop essential skills in research and documentation.
- Foster the capacity to communicate effectively and collaboratively.
THIS SEMINAR’S OBJECTIVES
- Critically analyze the Hispanic experience in the United States of America through related readings, direct observation and interaction with the community.
- Recognize and analyze the distinct national groups that make up the Hispanic community in Hartford.
- Analyze the social, political and economical reality of the Hispanic community in Hartford as a microcosm of the United States of America.
- Distinguish the contributions made by the Hispanic community to the city of Hartford and the United States of America.
- Familiarize students with online tools for research and collaboration.