The Trinity Library has a robust collection of over a million ebooks, ejournals and databases for use anywhere in the world. What you will find here are highlights–remember more is available to you. To see everything use
Looking for a resource not covered here? Just ask through firstname.lastname@example.org . We can tell you what we have and try to arrange access to new resources. To get in-depth advice about the resources that will work best for your specific need, please make an appointment for a Zoom meeting with a librarian.
One important note about physical resources: Due dates are being extended and fines and fees will not accrue while Trinity is teaching remotely.
Major Resources for Online Books
We have supplemented the Trinity ebook collection with more resources.
- Onesearch: A good place to start. search by title. Any ebooks we have purchased will be available here, including some recently purchased to replace print reserves. Just search by book title and limit to ebooks. Note we could not find econtent for all print reserves.
- JSTOR; Multidisciplinary resource for ebooks and articles. Journals are generally not available for the last three years.
- Project Muse: Journals and ebooks, some publishers are adding new resources during Covid19.
- SpringerLink: Journals and ebooks. You may purchase a print copy of any Springer ebook in the collection for $25.
Free Online Books
- Bloomsbury Books: We have requested access to their free offering. Should be available soon.
- Elsevier Textbooks free in Spring 2020
- University of Michigan Press: Unlimited access through the end of April 2020.
- National Emergency Library: It has some odd things, but some classics too. Brought to you by the Internet Archive.
Major Resources for Journals
These eresources will link you to millions of journal articles and books. Use these links! They will route you through EZProxy so you are given access to licensed resources.
- Journal Finder : The best place to find access to journals licensed by Trinity. Search by title or browse by first letter of title .
- Academic Search Premier: Fulltext journal search.
- Google Scholar: Multipdisciplinary, ejournals only. Look for Trinity College designation to see all available fulltext. This is a good place to find Trinity licensed articles, free articles, and document delivery services provided by Trinity (see Ordering Articles below).
- HeinOnline: Government, politics and law. Trial.
- JSTOR; multidisciplinary ebooks and articles. Journal articles from the last three years are generally not available.
Many major publishers are making all Covid19 related articles available free.
If you are looking for a specific article and have trouble finding access, we recommend you try Google Scholar. There are often free versions of articles, sometimes preprints. In addition, the library has turned on a Document Delivery service which will deliver a copy of an article to you (the library will be charged a fee). To see these options you must use the Trinity link for Google Scholar. You will see a form asking you to request access.
A digital copy will be sent to your email address.
The library is still processing interlibrary loan requests. Fulfillment times may be slower than normal due to restrictions at other institutions.
Many courses have made films available through Moodle, so check there for links. If you are faculty looking to add additional resources send a request to Information Services Help Desk . We’ll search for content and make it available if we can. Note that individual films are sometimes purchased on one-year licenses. Ask staff to check date that access will end.
You can also search these video resources:
- Caribbean Films Banyan Collection
- Digital TheatrePlus: Trial. Contemporary theater, including performance recordings, interviews, and practical guides
- Films on Demand
- Global Environmental Justice Documentaries
- JoVE:Trial. Video of science experiments. All users should click the “Log In” link at the top of the page and then click the “Sign Up” button. From there, create a JoVE account with your Trinity e-mail address and a new password.
- Kanopy: Contact us to request content.
- Swank: Popular films. Contact us to request content. Note that content is purchased on one-year licenses. Ask staff to check date that access will end.
- ABIInform Complete
- Access World News 1000’s of regional news sites, current access.
- Financial Times
- Hartford Courant (no graphics)
- New York Times
- Washington Post
- Wall Street Journal
Historical Content, Newspapers and Archives
- AM Explorer
- Archives Unbound
- Trinity Digital Repository Digitized versions of Trinity publications such as the Tripod, and material from the archives.
- African Historical Newspapers and African Newspapers from the British Library
- America’s Historical Newspapers
- Chinese Newspapers; 1852 to 1953
- Connecticut Digital Newspaper Project
- Ebsco Magazine Archive Atlantic, Fortune, Life, New Republic, National Review, Nation, People, Sports Illustrated, Time
- Life Magazine Archive
- Middle Eastern and Northern Africa Newspapers
- Times Digital Archive
- Search here for more by individual newspaper and magazine title. E.g., The Economist, Chicago Defender, Boston Globe, etc. or browse this list of primary resources.