Thanks for a terrific first class! I’m very excited to hear about your initial thoughts on the 1980s when we see each other next. In the meantime, here are key links I was going to share today that you can review at your leisure and may show up in the future. Scroll down to see all five.
1) The Buggles’ “Video Killed the Radio Star” was the first video on MTV. How poignant and true: music videos decimated the traditional radio-only platforms for distributing music.
2) Our course website. Huzzah! https://commons.trincoll.edu/amst-1980s/wp-admin/post-new.php
3) Our course Fb group. Huzzah again! https://www.facebook.com/groups/trinity.amst.1980s/
4) An example of a JStimeline in action: http://justpublics365.commons.gc.cuny.edu/2013/10/16/stop-frisk-timeline/ .
5) The “Guise & Dolls” exhibit we will be seeing at the Wadsworth Atheneum: https://thewadsworth.org/exhibitions/warholmapplethorpe/.