The Trinity Library has a robust collection of over a million ebooks, ejournals and databases for use anywhere in the world. To help support remote teaching and learning we’ve also set up new trials and a few free offers (generally through May, but please check with library staff for end dates ) that will supplement what we already have. What you will find here are highlights–remember more is available to you. To see everything use
- A to Z list of Databases
- A to Z list of Journals to look for specific titles
- Subject Guide have more specific recommendations
Looking for a resource not covered here? Just ask through firstname.lastname@example.org . We can tell you what we have or try to arrange access to new resources. To get in-depth advice about the resources that will work best for your specific need, please make an appointment for a Zoom meeting with a librarian.
One important note about physical resources: Due dates are being extended and fines and fees will not accrue while Trinity is teaching remotely.
Major Resources for Online Books
We have supplemented the Trinity ebook collection with more resources from Project Muse. We have licenses to more than a million ebooks which can be found:
- Onesearch: A good place to start. search by title. Any ebooks we have purchased will be available here, including some recently purchased to replace print reserves. Just search by book title and limit to ebooks.
- HathiTrust: We are happy to announce Trinity’s membership in this online book service. Additional log in required for full access.
- JSTOR; Multidisciplinary resource for ebooks and articles. Journals are generally not available for the last three years.
- Project Muse: Journals and ebooks, plus some publishers are adding new resources during Covid19.
- Proquest Theses and Dissertations.
- SpringerLink: Journals and ebooks. Faculty and students may purchase a print copy of any Springer ebook in the collection for $25.
Free and Trials, Online Books
- JSTOR Open Access
- National Emergency Library: It has some odd things, but some classics too. Brought to you by the Internet Archive.
Major Resources for Journals
These eresources will link you to millions of journal articles and books. Use these links! They will route you through EZProxy so you are given access to licensed resources.
- Journal Finder : The best place to find access to journals licensed by Trinity. Search by title or browse by first letter of title .
- Academic Search Premier: Fulltext journal search.
- Google Scholar: Multipdisciplinary, ejournals source. Look for Trinity College designation to see all available fulltext. This is a good place to find Trinity licensed articles, free articles, and document delivery services provided by Trinity (see Ordering Articles below).
- HeinOnline. Government, politics and law.
- JSTOR; multidisciplinary ebooks and articles. Journal articles from the last three years are generally not available.
Many major publishers are making all Covid19 related articles available free.
The library is still processing interlibrary loan requests. Fulfillment times may be slower than normal due to restrictions at other institutions. If you have trouble finding what you need please contact us and we will try to help find it or request from a partner library.
Many courses have made films available through Moodle, so check there for links. If you are faculty looking to add additional resources send a request to Information Services Help Desk . We’ll search for content and make it available if we can. Note that individual films are sometimes purchased on one-year licenses. Ask staff to check date that access will end.
You can also search these video resources:
- Films on Demand
- Global Environmental Justice Documentaries
- Kanopy: Mediated Service
- Swank: Popular films. Contact us to request content. Note that content is purchased on one-year licenses. Ask staff to check date that access will end.
- ABIInform Complete
- Access World News
- Financial Times
- Hartford Courant (no graphics)
- New York Times
- Washington Post
- Wall Street Journal
Historical Content, Newspapers and Archives
- AM Explorer
- Trinity Digital Repository Digitized versions of Trinity publications such as the Tripod, and material from the archives.
- African Historical Newspapers and African Newspapers from the British Library
- America’s Historical Newspapers
- Chinese Newspapers; 1852 to 1953
- Connecticut Digital Newspaper Project
- Ebsco Magazine Archive Atlantic, Fortune, Life, New Republic, National Review, Nation, People, Sports Illustrated, Time
- Life Magazine Archive
- Middle Eastern and Northern Africa Newspapers
- Times Digital Archive
- Search here for more by individual newspaper and magazine title. E.g., The Economist, Chicago Defender, Boston Globe, etc. or
- Browse this list of primary resources.