Home » Uncategorized » Professor Greenberg returns from Teaching in China

Who Are We?

Department Staff:
Jeffrey Bayliss, Dept. Chair
Gigi St. Peter, Admin. Assistant
Blog Editors:
Brendan W. Clark ’21
Prof. Sean Cocco
Prof. Seth Markle
Prof. Luis Figueroa-Martínez
Campus Address:
Seabury Hall T–127
Postal Address:
History Department
Trinity College
300 Summit Street
Hartford, CT 06106
Telephone & Fax:
Phone: (860) 297.2397
Fax: (860) 297.5111

Professor Greenberg returns from Teaching in China

For the 2010-2011 academic year, Professor Greenberg was in China on a Fulbright scholarship (Fulbright U.S. Scholars program), teaching at Wahun University.

Here’s an excerpt from her blog, China Chronicles: Adventures of a Hapless American in the Middle Kingdom:

“The talks were always fun. The audiences varied from English (language) majors to students of international trade and finance, but they all had good enough English to (mostly) follow my talks. The smallest group I spoke to was about 30 students but mostly they packed the room, either excited or coerced to listen to an international professor. In some cases I was the first foreign professor they had met. The faculty were more mixed in their response – in English and History departments they turned out in force while, not unexpectedly, those in finance or technology only showed up if they had to introduce me. But everyone who came was incredibly polite and kind, and usually seemed quite enthusiastic. The topics (since you asked) really ranged widely, which made it more fun for me. I was often asked to give a lecture on “The History of Race Relations in the US” which is really African American history on one foot, but I also spoke on the history of rock ‘n’ roll (probably the most fun for me – and for them – since I played all the songs), race in the age of Obama, the Great Depression, the civil rights movement, and another favorite of mine, advertisements and American culture.”

For more insight and information on Prof. Greenberg’s experience in China, go HERE.