Course Rigor and Careers in Law – Eva Lauer ’14

Interviewed by Sophia Gourley ‘19

SG: What have you done since leaving Trinity? This could be work-related, career-related, family-related… really whatever you want to share.

EL: I went to law school at the University of Florida. I graduated in December of 2016 and I took the bar that spring. Then I went back in the summer of 2017 and did my LLM in taxation, which is like a Master’s in Law. I just graduated in May of 2018 so I’ve been practicing law since then.

SG: Congratulations! Is there anything that you learned at Trinity that you feel has been really helpful during your career?

EL: I think just generally spending the time there and having the professors give you real feedback on all of your writing really helped with my writing in law school.

SG: What would you say is your proudest accomplishment since graduating Trinity?

EL: Definitely finishing law school.

SG: Are there any important milestones that you would like Trinity should be aware of? Besides, of course, graduating from law school?

EL: Graduating law school is the big one. I also recently bought a condo!

SG: Would you say your political science major helped you get to where you want to be?

EL: I had a couple of professors in the poli sci department that were really good. A lot of the political science courses are writing intensive, and having to write so many papers and getting my professors’ feedback prepared me for law school. During exam season, you do a lot of writing, so the better you write, the better you do in law school.